Matagorda Regional Medical Center (星际娱乐app) Auxiliary had its beginning in the year 1958, when a need for hospital volunteer workers became apparent. Numerous trips were made to 访问 hospitals in Houston, where the founding members met with already-established auxiliaries. However, it wasn’t until 1960 that the auxiliary was formed under the urging of Mrs. 海伦·考特和夫人. 玫瑰大炮. The first recorded minutes of the organization were taken at a meeting on December 5, 1960 in the Service Center at 9:30am. The presiding officer was Mrs. 海伦,科沃特.
The auxiliary constitution was written and approved by the Hospital Board. The local auxiliary is affiliated with the Texas Association of 健康care Volunteers. The charter membership was a total of 81 members.
The auxiliary is looking for women and men who are interested in volunteering three or more hours a week in the hospital. The rewards are knowing you made a difference in someone else’s world.
The purpose of our organization is to serve our community and 星际娱乐app. We pledge to treat patients, 他们的家庭, the physicians and staff, and our fellow volunteers with dignity and respect. We are committed to a culture of partnership, 信任, 合作, and collaboration to provide value and quality care to Matagorda Regional Medical Center and its patients.
- Become aware of our Community needs, especially in the area of Medicine.
- Promote wellness within our community.
- Support the 星际娱乐app and its support of the hospital.
- Scholarship program for students seeking a degree or certification in the Medical field.
- Support the 星际娱乐app with purchases of new hospital equipment.
- Maintain two 信息 desks to assist 访问ors and patients.
- Wheelchair transport of patients to departments and upon discharge.
- Operate golf cart for patient transport around the campus.
How to become a Volunteer:
If you would like more information on becoming a volunteer, you are invited to
- Visit the 星际娱乐app Front Desk or 礼品商店 to pick up an application,
- 联系 the 星际娱乐app Office at 979-241-5534, or
- Download the application brochure here.